Men’s Health Tips You Need To Know
Published | 5 min read
For some men, going to the doctor is seen as a feminine or non-masculine thing to do, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In this guide, we'll discuss how to deal with some of the most common men's health conditions.
For example, did you know that twice as many men die from COVID-19 as women?
In this guide, we’ll look at some of the different types of men’s health concerns you should be aware of. Then we’ll discuss tips for how to prevent or remedy some of these conditions using natural remedies.
Risk Factors That Negatively Impact Men’s Health
There is a correlation between men’s health and an outdated idea of masculinity. For example, in many Eastern European countries, being masculine is associated with lifestyle behaviors that put men’s health at risk.
These behaviors include:
2. Heavy drinking
3. Staying up late from working too much
In addition, the social pressure imposed on men by a patriarchal society could deteriorate their mental health.
Tips For Dealing With Common Men’s Health Ailments
The factors above could result in the following health conditions or diseases:
Besides old age, fatigue can be prompted by energy loss from staying up late. Moreover, excessive thinking can induce mental fatigue as well.
How to fight it:
1. Get enough rest.
2. National Health Service (NHS) recommends eating meals and healthy snacks every 3-4 hours to increase energy.
3. Regular exercise can boost energy in the long run, and it can also help your body lose the excess weight that makes you feel tired.
4. Cut out caffeine.
5. Drink water. Dehydration can cost you your energy.
6. Some Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) such as Cordyceps pills can help reduce fatigue and boost energy levels. Particularly, it can boost Lung ‘
How to deal with it:
1. Rest well.
Overexertion may cause impotence, premature ejaculation, weak erection, nocturnal emission, and other sexual problems. As revealed in this
From TCM’s point of view, men’s sexual dysfunction can come from
2. Pelvic floor exercise. It is often considered a first-line solution to erectile dysfunction.
3. Decrease alcohol intake to improve your Liver health.
4. Eat a balanced diet.
5. Regulate your physical activities.
6. TCM-approved medications, like Cordyceps pills and Waist Tonic Essence. The Kidney is closely related to libido levels. A Deficiency in Kidney ‘qi‘ can result in lower libido levels. Cordyceps pills are able to warm and nourish the Kidney ‘qi‘ and essence to promote libido.
Lower back pain
Staying up late or having a bad posture, such as sitting too long, can give
In TCM, there is a saying that “the waist is the house of the kidney,” thus a deficiency in kidney ‘qi‘ could result in back problems.
How to reduce it:
1. Maintain correct posture.
2. Pick a suitable mattress to sleep on.
3. Stay active. Try stretching or walking backward.
4. Improve diet and avoid weight gain. Back pain is known to worsen with increased levels of Body Mass Index (BMI).
5. TCM recommends Cordyceps pills and Waist Tonic Essence, as these herbs are able to boost and nourish kidney ‘qi‘ thus strengthening the back.
Tips For Addressing Common Men’s Health Diseases
Smoking, drinking, and lack of exercise are risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. In TCM, heart diseases may also arise from blood stasis, which is brought about by qi deficiency.
How to support heart health:
1. Stop smoking.
2. Drink less alcohol.
3. Do proper exercise.
4. Consume a healthy, balanced diet.
5. Manage stress.
6. Some TCM herbs are believed to improve heart health, as they promote blood circulation. They include
Aging, bacterial infections, and prolonged sitting are some reasons behind prostate diseases. Another risk factor is irregular sex life.
Meanwhile, TCM believes that prostate disorders are related to
How to protect your prostate:
1. Sleep well.
2. Don’t sit too long.
3. Exercise regularly.
6. TCM advises consuming coix pearl barley and red pomegranate.
Lack of sleep, excessive drinking, smoking, overeating, substance abuse, and working too much may lead to liver diseases.
1. Don’t stay up late.
2. Exercise well.
3. Eat healthily.
4. Avoid substance abuse.
5. Regulate your emotions. In TCM, imbalanced emotions and stress result in the stagnation of Liver qi. This disrupts its important function of regulating the flow of qi, blood circulation, and fluid metabolism in the body. In the long run, a myriad of diseases can arise from this imbalance.
6. Try the Chinese herb Ganoderma Lucidum.
Ganoderma Lucidum has shown hepatoprotective effects. You may also wish to try a men’s vitality package that includes remedies for many of the conditions on this list.
Men’s health is an issue that is bigger than we might think. As long as the toxic view of masculinity prevails, the men’s health gap may persist. In the meanwhile, take care of yourself before it’s too late.
Although the problems are varied, generally, having balanced meals, exercising regularly, and getting proper sleep are three keys to achieving better health.
This is an adaptation of an article, ”Essential Health Supplements,” which first appeared on the Eu Yan Sang website.
- Brookings. 2021. At least 65,000 more men than women have died from COVID-19 in the US
- National Health Service. 2018. Self-help tips to fight tiredness
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. 2018. Impact of physical activity and exercise on male reproductive potential: a new assessment questionnaire
- Eu Yan Sang. 2012. Addressing the Hard Issues with TCM
- PubMed. 2005. Pelvic floor exercises for erectile dysfunction
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. 2018. Postural awareness and its relation to pain: validation of an innovative instrument measuring awareness of body posture in patients with chronic pain
- Scientific Reports. 2021. The effect of long-term poor sleep quality on risk of back-related disability and the modifying role of physical activity
- PubMed. 2003. Relationship between body weight gain and significant knee, hip, and back pain in older Americans
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. 2018. The associations of sitting time and physical activity on total and site-specific cancer incidence: Results from the HUNT study, Norway
- Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases. 2014. Effectiveness of diet, sexual habits and lifestyle modifications on treatment of chronic pelvic pain syndrome