Reviewed by Dr Nurul Aishah Jamaludin
Valentine’s Day: 7 Spicy Gifts to Boost Intimacy
Published | 3 min read
Gifts like chocolate, cards, and flowers are usually top of mind for Valentine's Day. Why not consider libido-boosting herbs to spice up sexy time?
Why not go beyond the usual chocolates, cards and flowers this Valentine’s Day? Spice up sexy time with our pick of intimacy-boosting herbal ingredients, perfect for a day dedicated to love. If we’ve got your attention, read on to discover what they are.
Valentine’s Day Gift Options That Boost Libido Naturally
Did you know that your kidneys have much to do with sexual health? In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), a person’s Kidney qi (vital life force) and jing (essence) is associated with
A tonic with extracts of this medicinal fungus is known to fortify a man’s jing. It is also known to boost stamina and strength. No wonder
Typically known as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant, cistanche (rou cong rong, 肉苁蓉) is also hailed for improving sexual ability and fertility. Men, in particular, benefit from its ability to synthesise testosterone.
In TCM, Morinda root can nourish the Kidneys, restore yang (active energy) and eliminate Wind and Dampness.
Older folks have long benefitted from
An ancient herb, fenugreek (hu lu ba, 胡芦巴) is known for its effects on energy levels and overall wellness. A study of men given 600 milligrammes (mg) of fenugreek daily for six weeks found that they experienced significantly greater levels of orgasms and sexual arousal.
Horny goat weed
Considered a safer alternative to prescription medication for low libido and erectile dysfunction,
In TCM, horny goat weed is by nature, warm and pungent. Real Health Medical’s Senior physician Brandon Yew explains, “It strengthens Kidney yang (warm energy) and the Kidneys govern sexual reproductive functions.” It can be consumed on its own or blended with other herbs.
This ancient herb is known to increase energy, libido levels and vitality. A study revealed that maca root (ma ka gen, 玛卡根) also helps boost sexual vigour in post-menopausal women.
- The Asean Post. 2019. Valentine’s Day: Southeast Asians are spending more. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- Streetdirectory.com. The History of Valentines Day Gift Traditions. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- All Things Health. 2021. What Causes a Sexless Marriage? Find Out How to Improve a Low Libido Naturally. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- Solstice Medicine Company. The Ultimate Guide to TCM Herbs for Sexual Health! [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- National Library of Medicine. 2016. Cistanche tubulosa ethanol extract mediates rat sex hormone levels by induction of testicular steroidgenic enzymes. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- MDPI. 2018. The Therapeutic Effects of Traditional Chinese Medicine for Poor Semen Quality in Infertile Males. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- Nutri Avenue. 2016. Morinda Officinalis Extract: The Yellowish-Gray Root For Sexual Health. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- Flo. 2021. What Does Horny Goat Weed Do? How People Use It and Its Purported Benefits. [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
- Texas Children’s Hospital. Is Maca Root The Viagra For Menopausal Women? [online] [Accessed 10 January 2023]
Share this article on
Was This Article Useful to You?
Want more healthy tips?
Get All Things Health in your mailbox today!